When it comes to sports, football is one of the biggest, popular, and widely supported sports worldwide. Just like any other sport, football requires skills and teamwork and this is what makes this sport so complicated and loved by many people because it’s exciting to watch. Most children, teenagers, and adults love watching football and its popularity will continuity grow throughout the coming years because of the support given by many fans.
Today, in this post, we will discuss the biggest and most widely supported teams, let me know if these are any of the big teams that you support!
Let’s start with the underdog. AS ROMA is one of the most prominent Italian football clubs that was founded in the year 1927 mid-summer. This Italian football club has finished 2nd in the 2016 season and comes in 3rd in the 19th season as Roma have many talents on their team that have secured them hundreds of victories. AS Roma is recognized as a global club full of talented players, with Francesco Totti as its start player and he has a 20 million-plus fan base and counting! This player is rather a loyal player and will not quit until he brings in more trophies to the club.
- AS Roma has over 15 million followers on Instagram and other social media platforms (see how to buy Instagram followers)
- Made 150 000 sales on the shirt in the year 2016
- Gained shirt sponsorship deals worth 6.95 million EUR a year
- Club Revenue approximately 230 million EUR
- 23 million worldwide fans
- Club Value 481 million EUR
The city of Manchester is the football capital of the United Kingdom and Manchester United is one of the most popular and biggest clubs in the world. This club was founded as Newto Heat LYR FC in the year 1979 and have changed their club’s name to Manchester United in the year 1902 till present. Manchester United is the biggest football club in England and is named as the number one supported team globally with more than half a billion fans worldwide. No wonder the city is so big on fitness with its residents looking to hire a treadmill in Manchester more often than not! The football club though –
- has 120 million fans and followers on social media platforms
- Average shirt sales per season 2.5 million EUR
- Gained shirt sponsorship deals worth 47 million EUR a year
- 650 million estimated worldwide fans
- club revenue 590 million EUR
- Club value is 3.1 billion EUR Real Madrid
Real Madrid is a Spanish giant football club founded on March 6, 1902, named Madrid FC but later changed to Real Madrid FC. This is one of the best Spanish football clubs, and they are in rivalry against another famous Spanish football club, Barcelona. This club has more than 300 million fanbases worldwide. This club maintains as a powerhouse club each season and Real Madrid continues to dominate and expand their reach around the globe.
- has 200 million fans and followers on social media platforms
- Made 2.3 million EUR sales on the shirt in the year 2016
- Average shirt sales per season 6.1 million EUR
- 350 million estimated worldwide fans
- Club Revenue: is 693 million EUR
- Club value worth 3.28 billion EUR
FC Barcelona is also a Spanish football club, and it’s the ultimate rival of Real Madrid. This club was founded in the year 1899 by a group of Catalan, English, and swiss football players. FC Barcelona is currently in the top 3 biggest and famous football club with more than 450 million fans worldwide and this club has a staggering 3 billion EUR value and yearly revenue of half a billion. Making it one of the most supported clubs and a powerhouse in the footballing world.
- 200 million fans on social media platforms
- shirt sales yearly averaging 1.5 to 2 million EUR
- Club revenue 637 million EUR
- Club value 3.11 billion EUR
Other Giant FC’s
- Inter Millan –
- Tottenham Hotspur
- Borussia Dortmund
- Manchester City
- Paris Saint-Germain
- AC Milan
- FC Bayern Munich
- Chelsea FC
These are the biggest and famous football clubs that have millions of fans and followers around the globe. Do you agree with my list? Or have you got any other teams you think deserve to be on it?